Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"We've received your test results and the nurse practitioner would like to see you right away."


I can deal with anything! So here goes.

Tomorrow I go in around lunch time for another dose of (probably) bad news - cholesterol? diabetes? voracious ravenicitis?

I've been on the blood pressure medicine for a week and I'm even more run-down feeling than before, which doesn't seem possible. Is it just that my "I'M JUST FINE!!!" inner script has been slashed to smithereens and I'm finally feeling all the aches and pains and exhaustion I always had but was able to distract myself from? When I mentioned to my life coach that I had taken myself into the doctor for the first time in twelve years and how I was dreading the results, she said, "Well, but, what is the alternative?" Yeah, all right, I need to know and I need to deal.

Whatever that means.

I made myself a sign today and put it on the back of my ID badge. It says, "I can deal with anything!" And by God, I can! So here goes, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Uhm, could someone please bring me a pint of Haagen Dazs butter pecan? NOW!

No comments: