So last Saturday night, appropos of nothing (I was bored and hungry, what the hell), I decided to see me some celebrity wang. You know, kick it off with Ewan McGregor, get a taste of Viggo Mortenson, maybe a shot or two of Daniel Radcliffe in Equus. So far, so good. Then I was scrolling through the latest on PerezHilton.com and saw some pics of Zack Efron, of whom Mr. Hilton seemed to be enamored.
Shockingly, I haven't seen High School Musical so I didn't know who the hell this Zack was, but he had the requisite dark hair/light eyes combo that sets my lizard brain a thumpin, so I innocently googled his dick.
Before I could say, "Nice one," my computer had been infested with the latest high-tech worm, virus, whatever they call it, and after a veritable Fourth of July fireworks display of pop-ups, my computer ground to a huffing, puffing death.
What follows can only be called computis interruptus, a series of attempts to turn off, restart, scan for viruses, etc etc etc., all the friggin night long. Finally, by church-going time on Sunday, my beloved PC coughed, said, "I'm dumping all memory now," and joined HAL in the cyberinfinite. Glug glug glug.
Crap.
I turned off my cable a month ago, I'm staying up late now so my sleep is more "hygenic," I'm not eating very much, my federal agency is off-line pending a multi-billion-dollar law suit so I can't slake my thirst at work, and there's only so much brushing my cat can take - I NEED THE INTERNET! I NEED MY PC! MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE!
Luckily for me, my friend Ande did some major Craig's List scanning today and found me a super bargain - well, I hope it turns out to be a bargain when all is said and done. The good news is, I'm back up and running, with a much faster, brand new PC some IT guy just sold me for three hundred can't-really-afford-it bucks.
Please, dear CyberGod, I've learned my lesson: celebrity schlong will do you wrong.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(29)
-
▼
November
(11)
- Don't Try This at Home
- A Night in the Lab
- Gobble Gobble Everyone!
- Feeling or feeding - that is the question
- My Dad
- Mister Sandman, Bring Me a Dream
- Whew!!!
- "We've received your test results and the nurse pr...
- Freedom and Liberty
- "Do you think you can dissect me with this blunt l...
- "Tommy Ray: It's me, Tommy Ray, it's Daddy!"
-
▼
November
(11)
2 comments:
OMG! Stevie, I'm so sorry your PC had such a bad reaction to Zacks equipment. That boy must be fierce.
Glad you're up and runnin' again. Be careful out there now.
Oh no!!! the fact that "Zac Efron's wang" was the cause of such misery is kind of funny though - who knew???
Good luck with the new computer!
Post a Comment