Saturday, October 27, 2007

Today I Started

Past tense.

I am soooooo past tense. I'm bejangly intensively nervous and excited.

Had the oatmeal for brek.

Will have the chicken thigh and steamed broc for lunch.

Will pace around my apartment like a caged animal all weekend, segregated from the outside world full of burgers and burritos and baked apple pies.

Will groom myself like Suzanne Pleshette before a big meeting with Lou Wasserman. We're talking strategic hair plucking.

Will have a lovely veggie soup for dinner with exactly 10 rigatoni and a bay leaf in it.

Will go to bed hungry (this is the hard one) tonight and probably the next few nights, until old Mr. Tummy lowers his expectations ("Send down the pork roast, I'm ready!").

Will sleep hardly at all.

Will wake up tomorrow feeling all sprightly and coltish, light as a feather and ready to float on the blue and gold day!

And so on and so on and so on.

I'm currently cooking chicken, steaming rice and cleaning my bathroom bowl! How about you?

Happy Saturday!

No comments: