
Got word that a great job I applied for in San Diego put me on the list of top applicants with a rating of 97 out of 100. Oh my, San Diego! It's scary to dream big again.
Funny how a door opens like this and my first thought is, "I'm too fat for this opportunity." Meaning, I'm not good enough. The hell with it - I am good enough. I'm fat - and I'm good enough!"
I can be both things. The job I'm applying for does not require being thin. The job I'm applying for has to do with skills and abilities I've developed, experience I've clocked, talents I've groomed. I do not need to be thin to be capable of doing an outstanding job. The end. Case closed.
Other people in the same situation might have the thought, "Wow, isn't it awesome, I've been rated near the top of the applicants for this position! They must think I'm a great prospect!" Damn it, I can think it, too! It is awesome!
2 comments:
Stevie - I've been reading your journey all along with this other job and the issues you've been having, and dissatisfaction ... and I feel really really good about this new opportunity for you. FINGERS CROSSED. Sending out all my Shirley MacLaine chakra energy that I can!!
Yea on the Shirley MacLaine energy! Thanks, Sheila! I'm holding the good thought. Whatever happens, happens. And I won't fall off the mountain :) xxx Stevie
Post a Comment