Monday, September 01, 2008

Here we go again



















Okay, so with everything going on right now at work, I took advantage of this lovely long holiday weekend (in between hurricane reports) to start the ball rolling again. I updated my online resume, scanned some documents, and created some search agents for other federal jobs - and I actually applied for one. It's here in Albuquerque, and it's a great job, but it's only just the beginning. I'll send out a flood of applications in the coming weeks. I know that's what it takes. And I'll score something awesome.

I have butterflies in my stomach for doing it, but I know I have to move on, and I know I can find something wonderful out there. I've reread a couple of my posts from the last job search, and it plunged me back into some of the trepidation I felt last time, but it's different now - I'm searching from a better place. I have a decent job, I don't have to take what I don't want. I can throw the whole thing into play - new job, new city, new future. No limits this time. Just having the freedom to go for it, whatever "it" may be. Following some of the ideas incorporated in "The Secret," I wrote these statements:

I am asking for and receiving the perfect job right now. I feel it, I see it, I accept it - I ask for it and receive it. It is wonderful! A GS-13, with great opportunities to be creative and to do worthwhile work, a perfect supervisor, wonderful co-workers, a great atmosphere, a beautiful location, support, security, appreciation and opportunity to promote. It is the most wonderful job for me in the world, and I gladly and thankfully receive it!

I am asking for and receiving the perfect place to live right now. I feel it, I see it, I accept it - I ask for it and receive it. It is wonderful! A charming cottage in a lush garden setting, with a private outdoor area, a pool and Jacuzzi, one or more bedrooms, a large living room with cathedral ceilings, a fireplace, a roomy bathroom, washer and dryer, hardwood floors, lots of light, just ten minutes from work, reasonable rent, a great landlady, perfectly charming and beautiful style, architecturally interesting, great neighbors and neighborhood, superb atmosphere. It is the most wonderful place for me to live in the world, and I gladly and thankfully receive it!

I am asking for and receiving the perfect group of friends right now. I feel it, I see it, I accept it - I ask for it and receive it. It is wonderful! The people are interesting, smart, capable, funny, loving and compassionate, creative, supportive, welcoming, and bring out the best in me in every way. They are of all ages, sizes, ethnicities and experiences. They share a love for music, art, philosophy, theater and dance. They welcome me with open arms into their beautiful lives and give me a great sense of comfort. They are the most wonderful group of friends for me in the world, and I gladly and thankfully receive them!


I am asking for and receiving the perfect opportunities to walk on the beach right now. I feel it, I see it, I accept it - I ask for it and receive it. It is wonderful! The water laps up against the sand and I walk along the edge, letting the water cool and refresh my feet with each step and allow the breezes to blow in and around me. I see the sparkle of the water, the glorious crash of waves and the sound of seagulls. I smell the saltiness in the air and the freshness of the breezes. I revel in being on the beach, on the edge between the continent and the great ocean. I feel my heart growing stronger and my spirit lifting. I am bathed from head to toe in the revitalizing energy of the experience. It is indeed the most wonderful place in the world for me to be, and I gladly and thankfully receive it!

That last paragraph is a giveaway - I'm definitely California dreamin'. But I'm not gonna limit myself. I can make a phenomenal life for myself in a thousand different places, and my cat and I can jump in my green VW bug and hit the pavement going East, West, North or South. It's a great big wide wonderful world out there, and we're gonna find our place in it.

No comments: